Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Geeking Out Over Yarn Yoshi



Growing up in the 80s was the best! We are the first generation to experience the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and grow up in a world of visually appealing games! Imagine my excitement when Nintendo released the Wii U gaming system on my 30th birthday - November 18th, 2012. Suh-weet! Thank you for the birthday gift, Nintendo!





But, even more exciting are the rumors that began before the Wii U's release of a Yoshi game involving yarn. My husband knew that I would love the game and he's right! Here are a few print screens of the game play.


How will characters made of yarn interact differently with the world around them? Will the yarnish things be cute decorations or actually part of the game play?

All of these questions and more were answered at E3 yesterday. Holy sweetness...this game is probably going to be my favorite game ever! Knitters and Crocheters of the world alike will  notice how amazingly intricate and precise the artwork is. I squealed as I watched the video explaining to my husband that I saw knit roads, amigurumi battling on the screen and the trees even looked like they were crocheted through the back loop only (my preferred way!).


For the love of yarn, please watch the 2014 E3 announcement trailer below. I promise you will wish that you were Yoshi. I mean, come on, who wouldn't love to kill bad guys and be rewarded with yarn?! This game will be epic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...