Thursday, March 27, 2014

How to Make Any Color of Animal Eyes

Supplies Needed:

Clear Animal Eyes
Nail Polish
Keep polish remover and a cotton ball nearby to clean accidents right away.

Difference between one thin layer of polish and multiple thin layers!

How to Paint the Eyes

  1. Apply a thin, even layer of nail polish with brush strokes starting at the shaft and working toward the edge.
  2. Allow it to dry completely
  3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until you achieve the desired depth of color as shown at right

Tips

  1. Pre-soak the cotton ball with polish remover
  2. Allow eyes to dry overnight before use
  3. Don't have a huge polish stash? Buy the mini bottles. Mine were $.99 each!

Have you done this and have tips to share? Let me know in the comments!


Chelsea had a brilliant tip:
That nail polish comes in handy for buttons too. Can't find a good match? Paint a button.
If you try painting your own eyes and love it, you might also have fun dyeing your own yarn!

16 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea! I have lots of nail polish :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Thanks for the tips!! Is there a certain place you order your clear eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I order almost all of my craft supplies from one source. I am going to send them an email and see if I can get a discount code for my blog followers. Hang tight and I'll let you know when I hear back from them. :)

      Delete
    2. niccupp,
      I would love to know also!!!! Thanks for sharing, you are awesome!!!

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe how simple this is! I hunted everywhere fro Blue eyes!!!! ....lol now I just need to borrow my daughters funky nail varnish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do u buy from?? Im having trouble finding eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy my eyes from here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/6060. She's great with great prices!

      Delete
    2. I am working on getting this together. Give me some time and I'll share my source. I see that someone posted 6060 eyes and I ordered from them until I found a place to buy 50 pairs of clear animal eyes for $10.00. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, Everyone -
    I just wanted to let you know I finally got in contact with the right person. This company has packages of 50 sets of animal eyes (including washers) for under $10.00. I just checked and it would be really expensive to buy the same quantity from some of the other sources you'll find online. Please be patient and I'll share their name with you as soon as possible. :)

    Thank you!
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the info. Thanks so much! !

      Delete
  6. I love this idea and I would love to be able to order my eyes online because until they open up the hobby lobby where I am at I have to drive 3 hours just to find them. Then I am lucky if they have them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Everyone -
    I never heard back from them. I was hoping to get a free shipping code for you guys!

    Here is their site - this link will take you directly to their clear animal eyes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been doing this for awhile now. I would much rather paint my own then have to order a bunch of different colors I may never use. I get mine from crscraft.com they were 15mm eyes 50/$6.98 last time I ordered

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...